Meet the incredible photographer Saul Aguilar, based in Paris, France.
Saul specializes in night photography, long exposure, light trails, cityscapes, portraits & fashion, and has worked with numerous brands such as Coca Cola, East Pak, Splendia Hotels, Grey Goose, Chantelle, and much more.
You can view Saul’s work here.
All photos © by Saul Aguilar.
We had a chance to get inside the mind of the world famous photographer and see how he’s achieved what he has.
When did you first think of becoming a photographer?
I decided to become a photographer 5 years ago when I moved to Paris because this city inspires a lot.
What cameras and lighting gear did you start with and what are you currently using?
My 1st DSLR was the Canon 550D and now I use the Canon 5D mark 2. For lighting I shoot 95% of the times just with natural light the other 5% I use a simple canon flash.
How long have you been building your portfolio?
For about 5 years now.
What do you consider the most important breaks in your career and why?
For me was Instagram. The app helped me a lot because I found inspiration and examples of great photographers, plus I could make my own style, and also, because of the support of my followers, I could try many different kinds of photography like Black and white, street, portraits, street style, long expo, landscapes, and cityscapes.
What’s it like living where you are?
I just happen to live in one of the best cities on the planet. We have millions of tourists every year, fashion shows, music shows, some of the best museums, etc. Paris is just a wonderful city.
What are your main goals as a photographer?
I would like to work for National Geographic and for prestigious magazines.
Best advice to anyone reading?
If you want to become a great photographer study and practice and practice and practice. Your best photo is the one you’ll take tomorrow!
“Think of the future and think BIG.” – Saul Aguilar
Follow Saul’s journey!
- Ellie Benuska Illustrates Style at It’s Finest - September 22, 2017
- The Better Way to Keep a Food Diary: Yummi - September 13, 2017
- Most Hashtagged Tourist Attractions - September 11, 2017
- The Smoothest Lip Balm In The World - September 11, 2017
- Patric Palm Explains Breakthrough Year for VR and Venice Film Festival - September 8, 2017