Wine and Food Pairing
Whether you’re a wine connoisseur or just enjoy a spontaneous glass or two, the food you pair it with is always an important step in appreciating a fine wine.
Julien Miquel from the Best New Wine Blog of 2015, Social Vignerons, created an infographic illustrating suggestions with the 15 Most Unusual Wine & Food Pairings. There are a few pairings that might surprise you!
Some of the combinations include:
- Beaujolas Gamay with a Mexican-inspired bowl of chips, accompanied with guacamole, proves to be a perfect fiesta pairing.
- Foie Gras and Cotes du Rhone or Chateauneuf-du-Pape. The tannins of a rich spicy red cut through the fat of the foie leaving a deliciously silky texture in your mouth.
- The creamy and buttery taste of a Chardonnay pairs perfectly with the toasty flavors of popcorn.
- Brie and Champagne are a perfect pairing as the champagne breaks through the richness of the cheese, while the nutty and floral flavors in the cheese reflect the ones in the wine.
- Venison and Reisling, a pan-seared venison, with blueberries and shallots on a Mosel Riesling.
Check out the infographic for 15 unusual wine & food pairings with Julien Miguel.