From Bougie To Beachy: Under The Radar Honeymoon Destinations For 2023
First comes love then comes marriage, and then the best part: the honeymoon.
As the demand for travel continues to surge into 2023, the need to plan + book travel further ahead applies to newlyweds as well.
A Historic Kind of Love at The Jefferson DC
For couples who prefer the buzz of a bustling city, this luxury haven in the heart of Washington DC blends both European and Washingtonian architecture, making the hotel’s ornate Beaux-Arts design a captivating background for newlyweds in wedded bliss. The honeymoon checklist while on property should include:
- Booking the First Lady Suite, the charming top-floor suite offers dramatic views of the city, accentuated by three Juliette balconies.The suite’s soft palette of creams, blues and grays come together with thoughtful details like the gas fireplace perfect for cuddling in front of, intimate dining room perfect for toasting to love and canopied King-size bed that invites couples to one of Washington DC’s most romantic hotel backdrops.
- Tucking away into a cozy corner of Quill, one of DC’s best cocktail bars, where the amber glow of the statement all-glass bar beckons couples for a round (or two) of scene setting cocktails by the city’s top mixologists.
- Elegant and discreet, the cabinet rooms line an unsuspecting hallway outside of Quill, creating a private enclave for couples to watch a romantic movie while enjoying sips + bites from the bar from the comfort of the Cabinet’s inviting leather couches
- Reserving the most exclusive table in town: The Bird’s Nest. This little alcove is covered with a specially made wall covering of the spines of old books that have been treated creating a stunning backdrop.
- Spending an afternoon creating a new chapter of your love story in The Book Room, a welcoming retreat in a palette of rich green and gold, with a fireplace surrounded by leather bound books.
- A romantic stroll hand-in-hand is a must and couples can step right outside The Jefferson’s door and be steps away from the city’s top sights, monuments and charming streets.
- A slow morning at The Jefferson almost makes one feel suspended in time. Request a copy of the daily newspaper, order a delicious in-room breakfast (to enjoy in bed, wrapped in a robe) and luxuriate with the boutique property’s custom Monticello Grove bathroom amenities by Red Flower.
- Grabbing a coffee and walking the halls of The Jefferson, or better yet, the in-house historian can custom develop your tour of DC to blend history and Romance perfect for art lovers
Sip and Slip into the Honeymoon Magic at Magma Resort Santorini
A jewel amongst the popular Greece islands, Magma Resort Santorini just opened in August 2022, the 59-room hotel is a secluded sanctuary amongst the hilltops of Vourvoulos in Santorini. The resort is the perfect backdrop for newlyweds to walk the lava sand beaches, take in views of sweeping vineyards, and gaze upon the endless blue of the Aegean Sea.
Additionally the resort boats:
- Santorini’s largest spa with Lava Spa, a subterranean retreat set in centuries-old lava slopes surrounded by ancient volcanoes; the spa menu features volcanic-inspired rituals with carefully selected local ingredients
- Magma by Spondi, an exclusive dining concept curated by Michelin-starred chef Arnaud Bignon (one of the youngest chefs to hold this distinction)
- Suites finished with cozy verandas, walk-in showers, private pools and more
- Stunning sun terrace and infinity pool overlooking the island’s dramatic coastlineAuthentic local experience such as exploring nearby vineyards in Santorini – one of the oldest wine regions in the world (having remained active for more than 3,000 years)
A Yacht to Love with BookBaja
The sun sets in the west so there is arguably no better place to soak in the colors and float off into wedded bliss than the waters of the Pacific. BookBaja has curated a selection of Baja, Mexico’s most lavish yacht charters with the aim of showcasing the luxury and beauty yacht travel in Baja Mexico. Catering to each individual client, the BookBaja team is able to provide private chefs, curate excursions or simply allow the rugged mountain landscape that meets the blue water to do all the talking.
- La Datcha – a 252ft Damen superyacht combining the highest level of onboard luxury with incomparable on-the water capability. La Datcha was originally designed with major expeditions in mind, from the Arctic to the Antarctic but is equally at home in any tropical paradise. Newlyweds can watch whales breaching mere meters away from their front-row seat in the Observation Lounge or jump into one of three tenders for an even closer encounter. Other stand out features include:
- Elevator/lift and helipad
- Jacuzzi on deck, or guests can visit the wellness center to warm up in the Turkish Hammam, take an invigorating shower under the ice fountain, or unwind with a massage in the dedicated treatment room.
- Fully-serviced gym with sea view
Rule No. 1 – a 130ft Westport featuring a brand new 2022 refit that makes it the ideal Baja adventure yacht. This yacht takes luxury to the most desolate parts of the peninsula so more adventurous newlyweds can enjoy the spoils of fishing, off-roading, and much more in total comfort. Stand out features include:
- A Master Suite
- A hot tub on the sundeck for epic views
- Workout equipment to turn the bridge deck into a private gym
- A bar and dining table on each of the top 3 decks to enjoy meals and drinks