Top 100 Tourist Traps In The World
USA Today analyzed 23.2 million Google reviews of 500 popular tourist attractions in the world, spanning 65 countries in six continents, to find the most overrated and overpriced sites.
- The Four Corners Monument (in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah) is the #1 tourist trap in the world.
- The Blue Lagoon in Iceland and Penang Hill in Malaysia are the top tourist traps in Europe and Asia.
- The Great Mosque of Mecca in Saudi Arabia has 397,905 reviews on Google and not a single one mentions “tourist trap.”
- The California Academy of Sciences, Elvis Presley’s Graceland, and the South Carolina Aquarium are the most overpriced attractions in the U.S.
- Voodoo Doughnut in Portland, Oregon is the most overrated tourist attraction in the world.