2021 Oscars Facts: 93rd Academy Awards By The Numbers
With 2020 having been hard on the film industry, WalletHub released its 2021 Oscars Facts report.
The report includes an infographic filled with fun facts about the event as well as a Q&A with a panel of entertainment experts.
Here are some highlights from the report:
- $40M+: Total cost of Oscar’s ceremony.
- $10M: Cost of the look for an A-list actress attending the Oscars.
- 32%: Share of this year’s Oscar nominees who are women (highest percentage ever).
- $2M: Cost of a 30-second commercial during the Oscars telecast (64% less than the Super Bowl).
- $24.7K: Cost of the 50,000 square foot Oscars red carpet.
- $400: Current value of the 24-karat gold-plated Oscar statuette.
- 4th time: The Oscars telecast will not have a host.