B & W Photo Contest 2018
Black and white photography is the oldest style of photography. Every photograph that you can think of, has the potential to be black and white.
It depends on your imagination and a few key skills. Every area of photography, from landscape to portraiture, have their own set of requirements when it comes to B&W photography. Shooting in black and white forces a photographer to amp up their game. Without being able to fall back on bright colors, the photos have to be compelling in different ways.
This photo challenge is well worth it. Just like black and white portraits capture the soul of a person, great black and white pictures show the essence of their subject. Here are a few things you should especially pay attention to when shooting B&W pictures:
These aspects are always important in photography, but for black & white photos the stakes are higher.
The Fox Magazine’s 2018 B & W Photo Contest begins on Oct 12th, and ends November 27th, 2018, at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time. By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest.
Since 2016, the editorial team covers a diverse selection of subject matter all deep-rooted in photography, travel, food, fashion, music, and technology. Our mission is to be the leading resource of inspiration for individuals wanting to chase their dreams and seek a fulfilling lifestyle.
Black & White images only! Your submission will be used on our website + social media and possibly publication releasing Dec. 2018! The work you submit may or may not be accepted or used by The Fox Magazine.
What to enter:
The following six contest categories are drawn from subjects of special interest to The Fox Magazine:
1. Natural World: Food, plants and landscapes; geological or climatological features; and scientific processes and endeavors.
2. Travel: Locales, peoples or activities in the United States and abroad that convey a sense of place.
3. People: Portraits and photos of groups or individuals.
4. Life Experience: Events, objects or activities connecting the American people to their history or their cultural heritage; photographs that tell us what it means to be an American and provide a sense of what it is like to live in this country.
5. Altered Images: Photographs manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects (i.e., colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, HDR, etc.).
6. Mobile: Any photograph taken with a mobile device (phone or tablet).
To be eligible for any category, a photograph must have been shot by the entrant since January 1, 2018.
THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IS TAKES TO BE FEATURED IN THE FOX MAGAZINE? LET’S SEE.
Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, responsiveness to the prompt and overall impact.
By submitting to us, you are agreeing that:
We have the rights to your submitted content. Works that are published in the Collector’s Issue are protected under domestic and international copyright laws and are not considered to be public domain. Should you, for any reason, wish your photographs to be removed from the magazine, we will make every effort to do so.
To be considered, please fulfill ALL requirements. If not, your submission will be voided.
– No borders or watermarks
– Include ALL appropriate credit information. Include ALL appropriate credit information.
– Recommended but not required: artist statement, quote, title preferences, backstory, etc…
– We will always keep your creative preferences in mind when composing your feature.
1st Place – $50 Cash Reward + Feature in Collector’s Issue (Releasing Dec 2018) + Exclusive Fox Gear + Access To All The Fox Magazine Digital Issues
2nd Place – $25 Cash Reward + Feature in Collector’s Issue (Releasing Dec 2018) + Access To All The Fox Magazine Digital Issues
3rd Place – Feature in Collector’s Issue (Releasing Dec 2018) + Access To All The Fox Magazine Digital Issues
Honorable Mention: All Honorable Mentions will be recognized in the announcement of winners and will receive 6 free digital issues of The Fox Magazine.
About The Fox Magazine
The Fox Magazine is a premier lifestyle publication focusing on beginnings, creativity, and risk. Since March of 2016, the editorial team covers a diverse selection of subject matter all deep-rooted in photography, travel, food, fashion, music, and technology. Our mission is to be the leading resource of inspiration for individuals wanting to chase their dreams and seek a fulfilling lifestyle.
Along with an active readership, we work with a broad network of influencers and brands around the globe. Our platform gives the opportunity to those who are looking to expose themselves to the world and increase exposure for anyone involved.