Let’s face it: We could all use a mood boost and an immune boost right now.
Nutritionist and master trainer Sloane Davis is a mother of two who understands that juggling work, household duties and now home-schooling kids while social distancing can make our health and fitness fall by the wayside—and she’s here with easy tips and tricks that everyone can implement to make their quarantined lives a little healthier.
Below is Davis’ easy, comforting chicken soup recipe—great for when you’re feeling under the weather or just need an easy weeknight dinner.
1 32oz box of chicken broth
1 32oz box of chicken stock
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 celery ribs, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 tablespoon salt
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
3 oz egg noodles (if you are gluten-free, feel to sub in any other noodle)*
1. Place all of the ingredients in a stockpot except the noodles and bring to a boil.
2. Cover, and continue to simmer for at least an hour, up to 3.
3. In a separate pot, prepare the noodles.
4. When the soup is done, shred chicken with a fork directly in the soup.
5. Place noodles in a bowl and pour soup on top.
*Feel free to swap the noodles for cooked rice for a great rendition of chicken and rice soup, or prepared quinoa for a bit more wholesome grains in your meal.
Sloan Davis is also offering a free trial of her SloaneSquad app, which features additional recipes, workouts, and more.