A comprehensive analysis rank offers from hop-on hop-off providers from 75 cities around the world.
The price comparison website TicketLens has published a list of the best cities in the world for hop-on-hop-off tours. In order to create the ranking, the number of providers, ticket prices, number of routes, duration of tours, length of tours in miles, number of attractions, number of guided tours included, and number of languages for commentary were collected. An average was taken across each factor before they were combined to create the ranking.
When you’re planning a city break you might ask yourself what you want to see in the place you’re visiting. You may stumble upon many sights and attractions prior to or during your visit and it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the number of decisions you have to make. Hop-on hop-off tours offer a unique opportunity to explore a city without needing to worry about planning your own routes or navigating your way through unfamiliar public transport travel. Whether you want to see Times Square, the Houses of Parliament in London, the Colosseum in Rome, or the Sydney Harbour Bridge, you can discover them all either by driving past or hopping off a hop-on hop-off tour in order to get a closer look. Most tours also include audio guides or live commentary which complement your trip by providing interesting information and fun facts.
A few of the fun facts include:
- The best value hop-on hop-off tour can be found in Porto, Portugal. Customers can visit 34 attractions for only $18.79.
- The top-ranked city in the USA is New York City, whose tours are also some of the most expensive in the world at $60.70.
- The USA has 8 out of the top 10 most expensive cities for hop-on hop-off bus tours, with Seattle being the most expensive. The average ticket in Seattle costs $61.12, and the 8.8-mile route takes you to see 33 attractions.
The following table includes the ranking of the top 10 best cities for hop-on hop-off tours worldwide, including Average Ticket Price in Dollars, Number of Attractions and Track Length in Miles.
|Table 1: The ten best cities worldwide for hop-on hop-off tours
Further findings into the comprehensive analysis include:
- The most expensive hop-on hop-off bus tours can be found in Dubai, where tickets cost $76.44 and you can see 33 attractions over 52.6 miles.
- The longest hop-on hop-off bus route in the world is in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The route is 83.8 miles long and takes visitors to 33 attractions.
- The largest number of attractions covered by a single route can be found in London. Here you’ll see 65 sights over an average route distance of 14.4 miles. Tickets cost $38.57 on average.
- London also offers the most routes per provider. The UK’s capital city offers on average a choice of 5 different hop-on hop-off routes per provider.
- The cheapest hop-on hop-off tickets are available in Bucharest, Romania. For only $5.86 you can enjoy seeing 14 attractions over 21.6 miles.
- The shortest route in miles is in Gdansk, Poland. The distance covered by the route is a short 4.5 miles, costs $17.88 and covers 8 attractions.
- Berlin, Paris, Washington, D.C., and Rome have the highest number of providers vying for customers: each city has 5 different hop-on hop-off tour providers.
- Dubai’s hop-on hop-off providers offer the highest number of guided tours on average. In addition to the hop-on hop-off routes included in the basic ticket, visitors can explore the city on 4 different guided walking tours.