Quick & Easy Healthy Recipes + Activities For Kids From Starkist During Covid-19 Quarantine
StarKist is a pantry staple in many homes so we wanted to share quick and easy healthy recipes and activities for kids since many families are now confined to their homes due to COVID-19.
Whether you’re working from home and looking to whip up a quick and healthy meal or your children are home as a result of school closures, StarKist has you covered with 15-minute meals, family-friendly recipes, kid-friendly recipes, and fun worksheets to keep kids busy and learning.
ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS:
Charlie’s Corner – more fun and easy activities and recipes to keep kids busy!
Try a new flavor on your lettuce wraps with our Mediterranean Lettuce Wraps made with StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna with Sun-dried Tomato. Tip: You could also just serve the pasta salad on the side or on top of a tossed salad.
- 1 pouch (2.6 oz.) StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna with Sun-dried Tomato
- ½ cup cooked orzo
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbsp. chopped roasted red pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 – 10 small butter lettuce leaves
- Place washed lettuce leaves on a plate.
- In a medium bowl combine orzo with olive oil. Add vegetable sand cheese and toss well.
- Mix in tuna to combine.
- Place a few tablespoons of the pasta mixture in the center of each piece of lettuce.
These fun little sandwiches are perfect for little mouths and appetites! The serving size says 2 but for younger children, one might be just right! These are so easy even the little kids can help make these sandwiches.
- 2 pouches (2.6 oz.) StarKist Tuna Creations®, Honey Barbeque
- 4 slider buns
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- Place 2 slider buns on a plate.
- Top each with half of the tuna from one pouch. Top each with a half a slice of cheese.
- Place top of bun on the cheese. Repeat with the other sliders and tuna.