5 Facts About How Exercise Helps You Live Longer
Fredericksburg Fitness Studio, a private personal training studio, puts longevity in the spotlight.
Most people think exercising is a good idea. They know it’s likely good for them, but they may not know just how good it is for their longevity. According to research by Harvard Health, those who follow the minimum guidelines for physical activity reduce their risk of early death by as much as 21%. Those who exercised two to four times that amount per week reduced it by 31%. Those are some excellent reasons to make exercise a regular part of the routine.
“Being physically active regularly is important to living a better quality life,” explains Jennifer Scherer, medical exercise specialist, certified personal trainer, and owner of Fredericksburg Fitness Studio. “Understanding how important exercise is to longevity is the first step.”
Here are 5 facts about how exercise helps people live longer:
- Heart Health. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Exercise can help reduce the risk of diseases like cardiovascular disease. Harvard Health reports that physical activity leads the body to make healthy changes in blood vessels, muscles, metabolism, and the brain. All of these things together lead to a healthier heart.
- Creating Balance. An exercise program focusing on strength, flexibility, balance, endurance, and body awareness can help reduce the risk of falls that can lead to other health issues. The CDC reports that each year there are around 34,000 deaths caused by falls in those over the age of 65.
- Improving Mood. Exercise can improve your mental health and lower the risk of anxiety and depression, leading to a happier and healthier lifestyle. The Mayo Clinic reports that exercise eases the symptoms of depression and anxiety by releasing feel-good endorphins and taking the mind off of negative thoughts. Additionally, it helps people to be more confident.
- Being Social. Exercise can bring people together and help build lifelong relationships, aiding in a longer and happier life. Many people find that being a part of a social group helps to improve their quality of life. Whether joining a walking club, bowling team, or biking club, there are social benefits to being physically active with others.
- Healthier Eating. Those who are more physically active tend to care more about their diet. Focusing on a balanced nutrition plan and an exercise program provides the perfect marriage for a long healthful life. Diet and exercise combine to create a healthier body that will help people live longer. It’s hard to outrun a horrible diet, but exercising regularly makes people more aware of the fuel they are taking in.
“Exercising regularly seems like a hurdle to many people,” added Scherer. “The hardest part is getting started and then keeping it going. We help people to create and stick with healthy plans for the long haul.”
Fredericksburg Fitness Studio is a private personal training studio that offers a range of services to improve health and wellness, including medical exercise, personal training, in-home medical training, virtual personal training, nutrition coaching, and a Pilates reformer program. All workouts on it are custom-tailored for the individual to address their physical fitness concerns. The Pilates Reformer program features a versatile machine designed to provide resistance. It can be used when standing, sitting, or lying down.
Fredericksburg Fitness Studio doesn’t offer memberships as other gyms do. They offer private customized fitness programs that are available by appointment. Many people who go to the studio are referrals from physical therapists and doctors. The wellness professionals at the studio communicate with the medical teams to keep them up to date on patient progress. To learn more about Fredericksburg Fitness Studio, visit the site HERE.
About Fredericksburg Fitness Studio
Founded in 2008, Fredericksburg Fitness Studio offers personalized fitness programs, nutrition coaching, and medical training. The private personal training studio was started by Jennifer Scherer, who has a background in human physiology, anatomy, nutrition, weight training, and exercise. The studio has a team working to help people reach their health and wellness goals. To learn more, visit the site HERE.