Strange Things You Can Legally Buy with Bitcoin
A bus ride in Brazil? Undies from down under? College tuition in Cyprus? How will you spend your Bitcoin? Between the booms and the busts, Bitcoin continues to rise in popularity.
While it started as a workaround for purchasing questionable materials online, Bitcoin has now gone mainstream both as an investment strategy and a currency. But where can you spend that currency? High-Speed Internet found some of the coolest, strangest, and most interesting places to legally spend your Bitcoin around the world.
A few highlights for travelers…
– If you’re looking for an upscale gentlemen’s club where you can pay for a lap dance with Bitcoin, you’re looking for The Legends Room. It brings a whole new definition to the term “strip-mining.”
– The White Dog Taproom in Magaliesburg, South Africa is a dog-friendly restaurant and driving range that accepts Bitcoin. Travelers can pack three weekends’ worth of activities into one Saturday without carrying any cash.
But there’s more…
– Indonesia started an initiative to broaden the acceptance of Bitcoin throughout the country, including an island vacation in Bali.
– Ashworth Africa allows patrons to book a luxury safari in Cape Town, South Africa using Bitcoin.
– The Island Villas is a luxury Jamaican resort bringing coins back to the Caribbean economy, but this time it’s Bitcoin instead of Aztec gold.
– Bitcoin can get you gourmet lollipops from Lollyphile in Austin, Texas. Be sure to try one of the more adventurous flavors, like Merlot, Sriracha, or Blue Cheese.