Millions of parents would like to learn more about some of the most common issues surrounding kids today — from tantrums and cyberbullying to single parenting, the more professional guidance you have, the better off you will be.
Today, many parents are turning to online virtual workshops to get the information they want and need; the virtual workshop field has become the wave of the future, as people appreciate the wide variety of benefits that they offer.
“Virtual workshops offer a great way for parents to get the information they need, without having to leave their home,” explains Reena B. Patel, a parenting expert, licensed educational psychologist, and author, who offer virtual workshops. “I’ve seen the positive impact that virtual workshops have, and once people have had them they want more of them. It’s an increasingly growing method for people to get effective parenting skills.”
Virtual workshops are becoming the wave of the future for numerous reasons, including:
- Convenience. People can participate in a professional workshop without having to leave their home. They can take it on their mobile device or computer in the comfort of their living room or office, saving them time, as well as effort. Virtual workshops keep things simple.
- Accessibility. Online virtual workshops open the world of knowledge up to people, because they are no longer bound to only being able to attend workshops in their geographic area. Virtual workshops give them access to professionals who may be on the other side of the country.
- Budget-friendly. Taking an online virtual workshop is more cost effective than taking one in person. Not only are the ticket prices typically more affordable, but you save the costs involved in traveling to attend a workshop in person.
- Anonymity. Many people are interested in taking a parenting workshop but don’t necessarily want everyone else knowing they did. By taking the workshop online, they can keep their attendance private and only share when they feel comfortable.
- Skill building. Parents are dealing with issues today that others never had to contend with, such as cyberbullying and social media. Rather than try to guess their way through it, virtual workshops can help give them the insight they want, as well as the tools they need to successfully navigate these areas of parenting.
“Once you take a virtual workshop and see the positive impact it has on your life you will be hooked,” added Patel. “Virtual workshops make it simple and convenient for parents to get professional guidance. I’m looking forward to the ones I have scheduled for this month, especially because I have two celebrity guests joining!”
Patel will be offering several virtual parenting workshops in May 2019, including:
- Tantrums. Offered May 8, 2019, at 11:00 am pst, this virtual workshop will address the “why” behind the whining and tantrums with kids of all ages. The workshop will give you tried and true effective ways to get you and your child through these common challenges, without punishing them away. Learn about how tantrums are a child’s way of communicating with parents, and how you can use the “S.E.A.T.” solution to address them.
- Cyberbullying and social media. Scheduled for May 14, 2019, at 1:00 pm pst, this virtual workshop will cover the current hot topic of kids constantly being on social media and cyberbullying. This teens and digital hygiene workshop will be co-hosted by celebrity mom and influencer . The workshop will focus on helping your child find the right balance and keep your kids safe from cyberbullying. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, more than half of all adolescents visit social media sites more than once per day, and 75 percent have cell phones, which they frequently use for texting and instant messaging. There is a correlation between early social media use and brain development. Learn about the health impacts and peer pressure involved in using social media, and hear Ali Levine’s personal story of how she overcame cyberbullying.
- First-time parenthood. Offered May 20, 2019, at 11:00 am pst, this first-time parenthood workshop is for those about to have a baby and those who just had one. Even a few minutes saved at night to rest and recover is a relief, this workshop will give you tricks and even diaper prep tips that will save you. Also, it’s a myth that the baby wants quiet while napping. They actually tend to do better with sound, thus the white noise. This imitates the sound when they were in the womb.
- Single parenting. Scheduled for May 30, 2019, at 12:00 pm pst, this workshop will be co-hosted with celebrity mom and CEO of @supermommieee, . In this workshop, we will discuss everything about being a single mom and learning how to balance it all. From discussing struggles and challenges to the effective ways to work your way through life as a single parent…you will come out feeling stronger than ever and inspired by Kourtney Reppert’s personal story.
Those interested in registering for one of Patel’s workshops should secure a seat today at Eventbrite.
Patel is the founder of AutiZm& More, and as a licensed educational psychologist and guidance counselor, she helps children and their families with the use of positive behavior support strategies across home, school, and community settings. She does workshops around California and virtual workshops globally where she provides this information to health professionals, families, and educators. She is also the author of a book that helps children with anxiety coping strategies called “Winnie & Her Worries,” and author of a book about autism awareness and acceptance, called “My Friend Max: A Story about a Friend with Autism.” Both of her books are available on Amazon. To learn more or order the books, visit the website at.