Halloween 2020 may be behind us, but Fall is still in full swing — and with this, one of the star ingredient of the season, pumpkin!
To fully enjoy the Fall, and maybe even inspire you for Thanksgiving dinner, food blogger Laurel Evans shared a classic American recipe of pumpkin spice cookies, as featured by Fine Dining Lovers.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies with a Creamy Brown Butter Icing
Time taken: 1 hour
For the Pumpkin Spice Cookies:
320 g all-purpose flour
4g baking powder
4.5g baking soda
1g ground nutmeg
1g ground cloves
2.5g ground salt
110g softened butter
300 g sugar
350g pumpkin puree
For the Brown Butter icing
115g unsalted butter
240g sifted icing sugar
10ml pure vanilla extract
30 to 60 ml of milk
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
4. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla, and beat until creamy.
5. Mix in dry ingredients.
6. Drop on cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. Cool cookies, then frost.
9. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat until golden brown in color, about 10 minutes.
10. Pour butter into a bowl, and add sugar, vanilla, and 15 ml milk; stir until smooth.
Tip: If the icing is too thick, add another tablespoon of milk, a little at a time, until consistency is spreadable.
Let cool for 5 minutes, and savor it!