Traveling This Summer? Take Your Workout With You!
Summer 2022 is expected to be a busy time for travel as people begin to make up for downtime during the pandemic.
One concern that many people have while traveling is how to keep up with their fitness routines. Research published in the journal Physiology & Behavior reports that the average person on vacation gains a little weight that may linger for weeks after the break is over. Travel a few times per year, and that weight will add up! Now, with a BURN180 portable unit, there is no reason people can’t take their workout routine on the road!
“We created the BURN180 unit so people can get a full work at any time, anywhere,” shares Dan Markel, co-founder and managing partner of BURN180. “There’s no reason to gain weight or deviate while traveling this summer if you implement a fitness routine, and we’re here to help.”
According to AAA, over 39 million people are expected to travel, starting with holiday weekends. The top U.S. destinations this summer are slated to be Orlando, Seattle, Miami, Las Vegas, and Anaheim. Whether people travel by air, car, or another mode, they can easily take a workout device with them.
Think of packing a system like BURN180 when going on vacation this year; it’s designed to fit into a small travel bag – convenient to use by any age group and fitness level. The resistance band system offers over 200 possible workouts that can be done outdoors, in a hotel room, and even attached to your car!
The portable system takes 10 seconds to set up or takedown and is easily stored in a mesh backpack, allowing people to get a complete full-body workout in only 20 minutes.
In addition to getting a great workout while on vacation, there are other things you can do to keep up good health. These include getting plenty of sleep, staying hydrated, limiting the number of foods high in salt and sugar, or limiting alcohol consumption. Also, do as much walking as possible when going sightseeing.
Here are suggested workouts people can do with the BURN180 kit while traveling, created by Josh Loyo, the BURN180 pro trainer:
• Standing Row: Standing tall with feet separated apart, knees slightly bent. Hold onto two handles with both handgrips on the BURN180 resistance bands, and row by pulling the shoulder blades back and pinching mid-back together. Rep it out for 15 reps!
• Core press walkouts: Warm up the core by standing sideways to one resistance band. Grasp one handles with two hands and press out away from your body. Hold that position by engaging your core. Take three side steps out away from the resistance and three steps back. Repeat 8x on each side.
• Unilateral chest press: Using one resistance band from the BURN180, face away from the plate. Have the elbow 45 degrees to the side of the body and push the band out to the opposite hand, squeezing the chest together, and slowly return the resistance to starting position. Repeat 15x on each side.
Time To Work
Circuit: 2 rounds (Beginner), 4 Rounds (Advanced)
• Jump switch Lunges with Row Holds 30″: Holding two bands, pull the band, and lock your hands. Elbows at your side while squeezing shoulder blades down and back together. Start with the right leg in front in a lunge while keeping both legs at 90 degrees. Jump up and switch to the opposite leg forward; keep repeating for 30 seconds. If unable to do so, switch legs without the jump.
• Rest 45 seconds.
• Lunge Holds with Alternating Row 30: Hold a good lunge position with the front knee over the ankle and back knee under the hip (90 degrees). Row one arm back with the other arm extended in front. Alternate the row for 30 seconds, and switch legs repeat 30 seconds. If unable to do so, hold for a shorter duration on each side!
• Rest 45 seconds
• Squat Jumps with band Pull Backs 30 seconds (Lat Pull Jumps): Start in a good squat position with butt back and knees behind the front of toes. Stay low with arms extended, holding two bands. Jump straight up and pull the band back towards you with straight arms, palms facing backward like you are doing a Lat pull down. Land back in a squat with the arms extended in front again and repeat!
• Rest 2 minutes and Repeat!
Circuit 2: 2 Rounds (All with BURN180 Agility Speed Belt) (Beginner), 4 Rounds (Advanced)
• Side Shuffle cone touches 30 seconds Rest 30 seconds; other side 30seconds. Attach one band to the BURN180 belt loop. Set up a cone 5 ft from your starting position. Shuffle laterally to the cone, squat down, and touch the cone. Return to starting position-controlled without letting the resistance pull you! Repeat 30 seconds on each side.
• Rest 45 seconds
• Run in Place (High Knees) 30: Keep chest tall, begin to run in place with high knees pumping the arms. Keep the intensity high for 30 seconds.
• Rest 45 seconds
• Broad Jumps with back peddles 30: Start in a tall position with arms overhead, drop down into a squat with arms down and back. Jump forward as far as you can land with good form, making sure your knees don’t collapse inwards in a proper squat. Be sure to use one resistance band and belt for this one with the resistance directly behind the tailbone! Thirty seconds then rest!
• Rest 2 minutes and repeat
“By completing this routine on your summer vacation, you can avoid gaining weight, and you will keep your fitness momentum going for staying strong and fit,” added Loyo. “Believe me; you will be glad you did once you get home, step on the scale and continue your regimen.”