As a leader in medical insurance for cats & dogs,Trupanion is celebrating 20 years since it insured its first pet by revealing 20 unique pet names that are truly awesome.
That first insured pet was Monty, the adopted dog of Trupanion’s founder and CEO, Darryl Rawlings.
Over the past 20 years, Trupanion has gone on to insure 1130 pets named Monty, not to mention thousands upon thousands of cats and dogs named Luna, Bella, Charlie, and Lucy. Trupanion has also seen its fair share of unique dog names and unique cat names through the years.
In fact, Trupanion has insured more than 1.3 million pets over the past 20 years, all with noble names – from the dog named Monty to the cat named Oliver Horseshoe Lollipop Mooncat.
To celebrate 20 years of providing quality medical insurance for cats and dogs across the U.S. and Canada, Trupanion is highlighting 20 unique pet names from its database – past and present – that are as awesome as the pets themselves.
20 Unique Pet Names That Are Truly Awesome
- Duke Dorkis DerpDerp First of His Name
- Aslin Queen Of Narnia Brave and Strong Defender Of All Who Can Not Defend Themselves
- Sir Reginald Roger Brooks Cumberland Eleventh Duke of Courtlandshire
- The Notorious Duchess Zigmunda Pompington of Stardust; Stagename Ziggy Stardust AKA Notorious Z.I.G.
- d’Artagnon Myles Vasily Malloff
- Quintavius Nix Von Wiese
- Call Me Lord Maxxis DeVersailles
- Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
- Archibald Zoltan Ernest the Magnificent
- Scouty McScoutems Special Ops Eagle-Claw
- Paco Hiccup Roo Roo Wizard Bob Barker
- Oliver Horseshoe Lollipop Mooncat
- Kampmeier Lady Willow of the Loch
- Lola The Countess Fogo De Chow
- Mayfield Twilly In The Briarpatch
- Admiral Wolverine Lighteningbolt
- Andy Dom Perignon de Cotonnelle
- Queen of the Galactic Butterfly Forest
- Lady Hazel Rose of the House of Snuggle Bug
- Imperator Publius Aelius Hadrianus
From wildly unique pet names to the more traditional, Trupanion is all about helping pets. In fact, it’s in their DNA. Trupanion’s team is made up of dedicated staff veterinarians, vet techs, data scientists, and other pet health professionals.
“The backbone of the company remains our team members, the veterinary professionals in the field, and our members and their pets,” said Darryl Rawlings, founder, and CEO of Trupanion. “I couldn’t be more proud of what we’ve accomplished together over the past 20 years.”