Why Veganism Is America’s Future
Just ask legendary Grammy-Award Winning Producer and Songwriter Jermaine Dupri – a vegan for the last decade and a half.
He’ll tell you all the reasons why it’s improved his life.
But now Dupri is putting his money where his mouth is, joining 25madison’s startup The Beet, designed to empower Americans on the importance of our diets and provide solutions that give real stepping stones to getting there.
Since the onset of the pandemic, sales of plant-based foods have risen as meat sales are down for the first time in six years, according to industry sources. With the rise of the pandemic affecting mostly black and brown people, there has been a spike in immune-supporting health practices and adding more plant-based foods to their diets. Plant-based food sales have grown over 148 percent this year according to industry sources.
Dupri is joining as a creative advisor, continuing to champion healthy eating and living. He’ll leverage his partnership to elevate the message that eating healthier leads to a longer, healthier life, especially during these perilous times. The addition of Dupri will help more people who want to lean into plant-based eating (but who are not necessarily strictly vegan or plant-based in their approach) to “just add plants” to their plate, at a time when everyone is eager to boost immunity, eat to lower inflammation, and becoming more aware of how our food systems impact the environment.
Dupri will work closely with notable New York Times Best-Selling Author Lucy Danzinger and Award-Winning writer, editor, formerly Editor-In-Chief of SELF magazine.
Dupri and Danzinger can tell you why America’s taking a long and slow transition away from meat, why brands like Impossible Foods are finally having their day, and how they will leverage The Beet to help Americans make that transition to a healthier and sustainable lifestyle. They can discuss:
- The cultural shift that’s occurring in the way people eat
- Why this pandemic has accelerated American’s to flock towards veganism and healthier lifestyles, the benefits of eating well
- How that affects how we live and more and why black and brown communities are affected by this pandemic more
- Lucy and Jermaine’s Favorite Vegan Recipes To Try At Home
- Vegan Challenge! We’d love to also give anchors and editors a 1-week vegan challenge with Dupri if they are up for it! It will make a great segment.